Are you wondering which Arlo camera model you have? With the various models available, it can be difficult to tell them apart. But with a few simple steps, you can easily identify your Arlo camera and get all the information you need about it.
In this article, we’ll walk through how to determine which Arlo camera model is yours so that you can make sure it’s up-to-date and running smoothly. We’ll also show ways to find out even more information if needed. Read on for our guide on how do i know which arlo camera i have.
Why It Is Important to Know Which Arlo Camera I Have
It is essential to know which Arlo camera model you have for several reasons.
- Firstly, identifying your Arlo camera model is necessary to troubleshoot issues. Knowing the specific model can help you find the right resources and solutions to fix the issue if you encounter any technical problems or need to troubleshoot your Arlo camera.
- Secondly, identifying your Arlo camera model can help you upgrade your system or find compatible accessories. Different Arlo camera models have varying features and capabilities, and knowing your specific model can help you identify which accessories are compatible with your camera and which upgrades are available.
- Lastly, knowing your Arlo camera model can help you make informed decisions about your home security system. Understanding the features and capabilities of your specific camera model can help you assess whether it’s meeting your needs and decide whether an upgrade is necessary.
Overall, identifying your Arlo camera model is important for maintaining and optimizing your home security system.
Types of Arlo Camera
Several types of Arlo cameras are available in the market, each with unique features and specifications. Here’s an overview of some of the most popular Arlo camera models:
- Arlo Pro: The Arlo Pro is a wireless camera that comes with rechargeable batteries, two-way audio, and night vision. It also has a 130-degree field of view and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Arlo Pro 2: The Arlo Pro 2 is an upgraded version of the Arlo Pro, with higher video resolution and additional features like activity zones and optional 24/7 video recording.
- Arlo Ultra: The Arlo Ultra is a high-end camera with 4K video resolution, a wider field of view, and advanced features like color night vision and a built-in spotlight. It also comes with a built-in siren and support for HDR video.
- Arlo Q: The Arlo Q is an indoor camera with 1080p HD video, two-way audio, and motion detection. It also comes with night vision and a 130-degree field of view.
- Arlo Go: The Arlo Go is a cellular camera that doesn’t require a Wi-Fi network to operate. It’s designed for outdoor use and comes with 720p HD video, night vision, and a weather-resistant design.
- Arlo Essential: The Arlo Essential is a budget-friendly camera that comes with 1080p HD video, two-way audio, and motion detection. It also comes with night vision and a 130-degree field of view.
- Arlo Baby: The Arlo Baby is a camera designed for monitoring infants and young children, with features like temperature and humidity sensors, night light, and lullabies.
These are some of the most popular Arlo camera models available in the market. However, the company may release new models or updates to existing models in the future.
Step-By-Step Guide on How Do I Know Which Arlo Camera I Have
Identifying which Arlo camera you have is relatively easy and can be done in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Look at the Physical Features of the Camera
The first step in identifying your Arlo camera model is to examine the physical features of the camera. Look for any distinctive features, such as the camera’s shape, size, color, and design. Check whether the camera is designed for indoor or outdoor use and has specific features, such as a built-in spotlight or a rechargeable battery.
Step 2: Check the Packaging or Manuals
If you still have the packaging or manuals for your Arlo camera, look for any identifying information, such as the model name or number. The packaging may have a sticker or label with this information, while the manual will usually have a section on identifying the camera.
Step 3: Checking the Label on the Camera
The easiest way to identify your Arlo camera is to look at the label on the back or bottom of the device. The label will have a model number that starts with VMC, VMS, VMA, or VMB, followed by four digits. For example, VMC4030 is the model number for Arlo Pro. You can also find the serial number (SN) and the MAC address on the label.
The serial number is a 12-digit alphanumeric code unique to your camera. The MAC address is a 12-digit hexadecimal code that identifies your camera on the network. You can use these numbers to register your camera on the Arlo website or troubleshoot any issues.
Step 4: Use the Arlo App
If you’ve already set up your Arlo camera and linked it to the Arlo app, you can use the app to identify your camera model. Open the Arlo app and select the camera you want to identify. Then, tap on the Settings icon (gear icon) in the top right corner of the screen. In the settings menu, look for the “Device Info” option. Here, you should see the camera model’s name or number.
Step 5: Contact Arlo Customer Support
If you’re still unsure which Arlo camera model you have, you can contact Arlo customer support for assistance. You can call their support hotline, chat with a support agent online, or send an email. Be sure to have your camera serial number and other relevant information ready when contacting them.
By following these steps, you should be able to identify which Arlo camera model you have and access the appropriate resources for troubleshooting or upgrading your system.
Tips to Keep Your Arlo Camera Safe
After identifying your Arlo camera, there are several things you can do to keep it in good condition and ensure it continues to function properly:
Keep Your Camera Clean:
Regularly clean your Arlo camera to ensure that the lens is free from dirt, dust, and other debris. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe down the camera, and avoid using any harsh cleaning products that could damage the camera’s surface.
Check the Battery:
If your Arlo camera is battery-powered, regularly check the battery level and replace the batteries when needed. Arlo cameras typically have a battery life of several months, but this can vary depending on usage and other factors.
Monitor Your Camera’s Wi-fi Connection:
Your Arlo camera requires a stable Wi-Fi connection to function properly. Check your camera’s connection status in the Arlo app and make sure it’s connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network. If you’re experiencing connectivity issues, try moving the camera closer to your router or resetting your Wi-Fi network.
Keep Your Camera Firmware Up to Date:
Arlo periodically releases firmware updates for its cameras to improve performance and add new features. Check for firmware updates regularly and make sure your camera is running the latest version.
Protect Your Camera From the Elements:
If you’re using your Arlo camera outdoors, make sure it’s protected from rain, snow, and other weather conditions. Consider using weather-resistant housing or mounting the camera under a sheltered area.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your Arlo camera stays in good condition and continues to provide reliable surveillance for your home or business.
Which Arlo Camera Is Best to Use
The best Arlo camera to use depends on your specific needs and preferences. Each Arlo camera model has its unique features and capabilities, and the best camera for you will depend on factors such as where you want to use it, how you plan to use it, and what features are most important to you.
For example, if you’re looking for a camera to monitor your home’s interior, the Arlo Q or Arlo Essential may be a good choice. These cameras are designed for indoor use and come with features like 1080p HD video, two-way audio, and motion detection.
If you need a camera for outdoor surveillance, the Arlo Pro or Arlo Ultra may be a better option. These cameras are weather-resistant and can withstand outdoor conditions. They also come with advanced features like 2K or 4K video resolution, a wider field of view, and built-in spotlights.
If you need a camera for monitoring your infant or young child, the Arlo Baby may be the best choice. It comes with unique features like temperature and humidity sensors, a night light, and lullabies.
Ultimately, the best Arlo camera for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. It’s a good idea to do some research and read reviews before making a decision, and if you’re unsure, you can contact Arlo customer support for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the same app for all Arlo cameras, or do I need a different app for each model?
You can use the same Arlo app for all Arlo camera models, including the Arlo Q, Arlo Pro, Arlo Ultra. However, some features may not be available for all camera models.
Can I upgrade my Arlo camera to a newer model without having to buy a whole new system?
Yes, in most cases, you can upgrade your Arlo camera to a newer model without having to buy a whole new system. However, some features may not be compatible with different camera models, so it’s a good idea to check with Arlo customer support before upgrading.
How can I tell if my Arlo camera is working properly?
You can tell if your Arlo camera is working properly by checking the live video feed in the Arlo app. If you’re having issues with your camera, you can troubleshoot the problem by checking the camera’s battery, Wi-Fi connection, and settings.
What should I do if I can’t identify which Arlo camera model I have?
If you’re having trouble identifying which Arlo camera model you have, you can contact Arlo customer support for assistance. They can help you identify your camera model based on its physical features or serial number.
Identifying which Arlo camera you have is important for troubleshooting and managing your security system. With the help of this article, you now know how to check which model number applies to your device. You can look up the serial number on Arlo’s website or in their app and compare specifications like a field of view and resolution between different models.
Knowing exactly what type of Arlo camera you have will ensure that it’s running at its best performance level so that you can confidently keep an eye on any activity around your home! Thanks for reading this article on how do I know which Arlo camera I have.